Head of Operations
Pacific Biochar, Santa Rosa, CA, USA
$120,000 to $150,000 per year
Why Work Here?
“Fantastic culture, mission and team!”
As the Head of Operations at Pacific Biochar, you will play a vital role in overseeing and optimizing the operational activities of our company. You will be responsible for managing and improving processes, implementing operational strategies, and driving efficiency throughout the organization.
At Pacific Biochar our work requires competency in multiple sectors including biomass power plant operations, carbon credit registration, biochar hauling, processing, marketing, research, and sales, as well as contracting and coordinating carbon credit deliveries with large corporations.
We are seeking a versatile operations leader who thrives in a dynamic and ever-evolving environment. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record in managing teams, optimizing operational processes, and effectively navigating through changing landscapes. As our company is experiencing rapid growth, the Head of Operations will be instrumental in scaling our operations and managing the operational challenges associated with growth.
- Manage and oversee day-to-day operations, wearing multiple hats as needed to ensure the smooth functioning of the company.
- Leading a clearly articulated operational strategy in support of Pacific Biochar’s strategic goals.
- Create an overview of key performance indicators that allow the team to monitor progress and anticipate challenges.
- Remove barriers for the team to ensure everything is in place to create results
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, fostering effective communication and coordination to achieve operational goals.
- Play a key role in strategic decision-making, providing insights and recommendations to drive growth and operational improvements.
- Lead by example and inspire the team, promoting a culture of integrity, innovation, and collaboration in a dynamic work environment.
- Monitor industry trends, market conditions, and regulatory changes to ensure compliance and seize opportunities for business growth.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proven experience in operations management or a similar role within a small company or startup environment.
- Proven track record of formulating and executing results utilizing strong analytical, critical decision-making, and strategic planning skills.
- Ability to effectively multitask and prioritize competing demands in a fast-paced, dynamic setting.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, able to think creatively and find practical solutions with limited supervision.
- Ability to analyze and recommend short-term and long-term improvements to processes, procedures, and systems.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Hands-on approach, willing to roll up sleeves and take on various responsibilities as needed.
- Fluent in Word, Excel, and Powerpoint (and/or Google versions).
- Comfortable navigating contract development and execution
- BS or greater is desired but not mandatory
- MBA is desired but not mandatory
- Multi-year working experience in engineering, agriculture, and/or environmental sectors is not mandatory, but it is unlikely the chosen candidate won’t have this qualification.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are interested in joining Pacific Biochar Benefit Corporation.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps in the selection process.
We look forward to receiving your application!
About Pacific Biochar:
Pacific Biochar is a leading environmental technology company specializing in the production and distribution of biochar products.
Our mission is to sequester carbon and leave a legacy of fertile soil. We do this by modifying biomass power plants for biochar production. The biochar produced is then distributed for use in farmlands. After years in the field, we’ve gained fruitful relations with some of the world’s largest ag companies.
Pacific Biochar registered the first carbon removal credits for biochar in North America in 2020, a landmark development for our company and the industry in whole, which is now fueling rapid growth and helping us realize our goals.
We describe our culture as: “great, efficient, flexible, friendly, respectful, displaying perseverance, mindful, determined, supportive, integrity, greed-adverse, mission-driven.”
Send Us Your Resume
Please deliver your resume by email to email@example.com
Any questions can also go by email to firstname.lastname@example.org